MOMS is a national grassroots movement of mothers working to create a healthier, safer environment for our children.
- We believe that every child has the right to be born free of toxic chemicals.
- We believe that a mother’s body is the first environment and must be protected.
- We believe the superiority of breast milk is unquestionable, and must be defended against pollution.
- We believe that corporations have a responsibility to ensure the safety of the products they sell.
- We believe that government has a responsibility to ensure that pregnant women, nursing mothers, and their children are adequately protected by environmental health regulations.
MOMS engages in education, advocacy, and corporate campaigns aimed at eliminating the presence of toxic chemicals in our environment, our bodies, and our breast milk. Download the new MOMS Brochure! Also available in Spanish!
Anita, of Berkeley, CA, shares how her experience as a labor coach to low-income women inspires her work as a research consultant for CLEEN, a project of the Center for Environmental Health. more
Communities for a Better Environment works for a society where production is based on environmental sustainability, and where everyone has the right to breathe clean air and drink clean water in the environment where we live, work, go to school, play, cross all borders and pray regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, culture, ability or income. more